You may have heard about it on TV or radio but what is CoQ10 really and how can it help you? Hopefully, we'll answer your questions in this article and you'll learn something new - keep reading!
The human body is a pretty amazing thing, made up of dozens of systems all working together in perfect unity to keep us going day after day. It’s a cooperative effort, with every organ, chemical, and cell playing their part. However, science is beginning to understand that some pull a little more weight than others, and the vitamin-like nutrient called CoQ10 seems to fall in this category.
If you’ve heard the name before yet don’t know much about this yet-mysterious coenzyme, you’re not alone. In fact, most people are probably in your shoes. But if you would like to learn more about this oddly beneficial substance, you’ve come to the right place. Continue along for a complete beginner’s guide. It will tell you everything you need to know about CoQ10, from the basics to the benefits and beyond.
A Crash Course on CoQ10
CoQ10 may sound like a fancy car model, but it’s actually a type of substance in the coenzyme family that is produced naturally but can also be consumed through our diet or taken in the form of various supplements. As a type of antioxidant, this substance plays a crucial role in many of our essential functions, aiding in energy generation and general metabolism. But on top of that, it additionally acts as a strong protectant against some of the most common ailments that routinely plague us, extending from the simply annoying and uncomfortable but also possibly to the extremely serious and debilitating.
Part of this may lie in how the antioxidant targets the disease-causing oxidants and free radicals that develop as we metabolize oxygen and merely go about our daily lives. However, more research is needed to pinpoint the exact mechanisms behind CoQ10’s potent physical impact. After all, it is far from the only antioxidant swirling around in our systems, yet early science has found CoQ10 to be particularly beneficial for our health.
For the most part, the vast majority of us already have the necessary amounts of CoQ10 needed to keep our metabolism functioning as it should and help prevent some of the cellular damage that can contribute to common disease. However, many studies indicate that an additional supplement might be beneficial, particularly for older people, as aging usually leads to decreased CoQ10 levels.
Benefits of CoQ10 Supplements
Full disclosure － the science surrounding CoQ10 supplementation is still fairly new. However, research is a constant ongoing process, new studies continuously showing off some incredible findings. The majority point towards supplementation giving a huge range of physical effects, some common and some less so. Here are some of the latter, giving you an insight into what you could expect if you decide CoQ10 supplements are the right decision for you!
- Improve heart health and reduce the risk of certain cardiovascular diseases － Our hearts are one of the most essential organs in our bodies. Yet, we still don’t always take the best care of them. Thankfully, though, there are plenty of changes you can help ensure your heart stays as healthy as possible. Taking a CoQ10 supplement like the one in our Luma Nutrition line is among the simplest. Just two capsules a day and you’re already on the road to better cardiovascular health, potentially reducing your risk of heart failure, heart attack, and more.
- Reduce blood pressure － Here in the US, health issues are all too common, and our rates of high blood pressure as truly astounding. As you’d expect, that is incredibly dangerous, putting us at risk of damage to our arteries, heart, kidneys, and brain － or, in other words, risking practically every essential organ. Want to protect yourself from this? Taking a daily CoQ10 supplement is a start as the antioxidant has been found to have a blood pressure-lowering effect on most people.
- Prevent and treat migraines － Headaches are a total pain to deal with, and literally. But migraines are flat-out debilitating, causing intense pain, vertigo, nausea, and light sensitivity that basically guarantees you’re going to get nothing done today besides being miserable. It’s a terrible experience, and it’s unfortunately very resistant to treatment. Although, some research suggests that CoQ10 may be useful in said treatment when supplements are used over a long period.
- Improve fertility － As we age, fertility decreases. This is a fact true for both men and women, with eggs declining in quality and availability and sperm taking on a poorer quality and at decreased amounts. Yet it might not have to be a complete inevitability. Many recent studies have found CoQ10 somewhat reverses these issues, encouraging an increase in fertility even for those who are a little older.
Tips for Choosing a Supplement
These benefits are pretty impressive, but they aren’t guaranteed. For one, each body is different and will react to CoQ10 in a different manner. In addition to this, though, seeing significant effects requires the right supplement, and not all are equal. Want to know what you should be on the lookout for? Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind when you’re going supplement shopping:
- Avoid standard capsules whenever possible. For most medications and supplements, the standard capsules we all know are just fine. But when it comes to CoQ10, you’re better off with liquid caps. These help with absorption, ensuring your body can truly use all the good stuff that you’re putting into without any going to waste.
- Keep a close eye on how much CoQ10 is in each capsule. The CoQ10 market is booming, and it’s getting bigger with each day. It’s a crowded space with a lot to gain, and tons of companies are taking advantage of that. Despite being good for their bottom lines, that’s not always good for the consumer. Many of these companies aren’t very aware of the science or are simply trying to cut corners, putting too little CoQ10 in their product. This can have a dramatic impact on the effects you’ll see. We’d recommend sticking with supplements like Luma CoQ10 that contain 200mg per dose. Highly effective but also safe, it’s really the sweet spot you want to see.
- Opt only for supplements with a money-back guarantee. Money isn’t everything, but in a world where it buys us food, water, and shelter, none of us are in any position to risk our precious cash. So, don’t take any chances when you’re figuring out what CoQ10 supplement you want to buy. In case it doesn’t give the effects you were hoping for, you’ll want to have a protective policy in place. Thus, only buy from companies that take returns and are happy to give you a full refund.
Learn more about what is CoQ10 when you visit our home page and discover Luma Heart CoQ10 200mg for yourself!